2014 NAFCC Annual Conference:
The PREVENT Obesity Training Session in Hobe Sound, scheduled for Tuesday, April 1 has been postponed. Details will be posted about a rescheduled session. Please contact Alina Soto at: email@example.com with any questions.
The Office of Early Learning is proud to announce the release of the online Florida Early Learning and Development Standards: Birth to Five Courses. These courses provide practitioners with a fun and easy way to connect and engage in high-quality online professional development on how children grow and develop as they move from birth to age 5.
Cost per course: $10.
Tuesday, April 1, 2014
Session from 6:30-8:00 p.m.
Hobe Sound Early Learning Center, 11580 SE Gomez Avenue, Hobe Sound, FL 33455
For more information, contact Mary King at: (772) 546-5462
Child Abuse Reporting Available Online
- Child Care Online Abuse Reporting Newsletter Article
- Online Abuse Reporting Flier
- Download the Department of Children and Families (DCF) Child Abuse Hotline web button to post on your web site or use in other projects.
(Right click the image, select "save picture as" to save to your location.)
- Link the button to the DCF Child Abuse Hotline using this url: https://reportabuse.dcf.state.fl.us/
Upcoming PREVENT Obesity Training Opportunities
P.R.E.V.E.N.T Obesity Training
2014 National Association for Family Child Care (NAFCC) Conference
Many Right Ways
Director Credential Renewal Reminder
THE DEADLINE TO RENEW IS FAST APPROACHING!
Pursuant to Section 402.305(2)(f), Florida Statutes every child care facility director must have a director credential. Beginning on January 1, 2014, many Director Credential certificates will become inactive. Check your credential to determine your certificate’s inactive date.
To maintain a Florida Director Credential, every (5) years a candidate must complete the renewal application and provide documentation of the following up to one (1) year prior to the end of the active period of the current credential:
- An active staff credential documented on individual’s child care training transcript.
- 4.5 Continuing Education Units (CEUS) or three (3) college credit hours in any one (1) of the approved curriculum areas within the last five (5) years, based on the date the application for renewal is received.
- Candidates must demonstrate professional contributions in the child care field.
For more information visit www.myflorida.com/childcare
or contact the Child Care Training
Information Center at 888-352-2842.